Ellis Orlan, CGMA
Direct Line: (416) 645-6568
Ellis Orlan is a Principal in Fuller Landau’s Audit and Assurance group and co-leader of the firm’s Food and Beverage group.
Ellis specializes in providing consulting and related services to the residential care (retirement home) industry, as well as to a variety of health care professionals. His experience spans over 32 years and includes audit and accounting, tax and business advisory services for a diverse client base including manufacturing and distribution, food and beverage (including restaurants), real estate and construction, healthcare, and professional service firms.
Ellis is currently Vice-Chair of the Reena Foundation, the fundraising arm of Reena, which is a not-for-profit, federally funded, charitable organization dedicated to providing housing, critical programs and services to individuals with developmental disabilities. He serves on the Foundation’s Board and Executive Board, finance and investment committees and is immediate past Treasurer.
Ellis also volunteers as a mentor with Futurpreneur Canada, providing business advice, as well as support and encouragement, to help young entrepreneurs succeed in their businesses.
Part of the thrill of doing what I do, day in and day out, is providing the best possible service to my clients. I take pride in knowing that I'm viewed as their trusted advisor.
- The Most Important Lesson Learned From a Mentor, Futurpreneur Canada, Jan 27, 2015
- Is Success Only Measured By Profits?, Futurpreneur Canada, Jan 12, 2015
- Why Start a Business?, Futurpreneur Canada, Nov 27, 2014
- Promoting Entrepreneurship in Europe, Futurpreneur Canada, Oct 31, 2014
- Knowing what you don’t know, Futurpreneur Canada, Oct 1, 2014
- Measuring the Impact of Social/Environmental Initiatives, Futurpreneur Canada, July 24, 2014
- Nurturing an Entrepreneur: My Mentoring Experience, Futurpreneur Canada, Mar 25, 2014
- The key to a start-up is to be active, Futurpreneur Canada, Aug 27, 2013
- Three characteristics of successful entrepreneurs, Futurpreneur Canada, Sept 9, 2013
- Incentives to philanthropic activity, Futurpreneur Canada, Nov 29, 2012
- Managers and leaders, Futurpreneur Canada, April 12, 2012
- Don’t tax your accountant, Futurpreneur Canada, Feb 7, 2012
- Audit & assurance
- Healthcare – Residential Care
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Real Estate and Construction
- Food and Beverage
- Professional Service Firms
Academic Achievements, Memberships and Professional Designations
- Certified Public Accountant (Illinois)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Toronto
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Illinois CPA Society
- Mentor and Blogger, Futurpreneur
- Vice-Chair – Reena Foundation