Ellis Orlan, CPA (IL), CGMA
Direct Line: (416) 645-6568
Ellis Orlan is a Principal at Fuller Landau, and co-leads our Business Enterprise Solutions Team (BEST), which provides traditional accounting and outsourced CFO services to small and mid-sized businesses and their owners. Clients appreciate Ellis’ detail-oriented, proactive, and timely approach to service, and his unfailing ability to meet revolving year-end and tax-related deadlines.
With over 35 years in public accounting, Ellis has a wealth of experience in providing audit and assurance services, as well as strategic business advisory and tax services across a diverse client base, including food and beverage, distribution, real estate, health care, entertainment, and professional service companies.
Ellis co-chair’s Fuller Landau’s Food & Beverage Committee, and is a member of the firm’s International Business Committee. He regularly mentors a number of firm staff, ensuring that they are continually challenged and progressing within their careers.
Through the firm, Ellis is an active member of Food & Beverage Ontario and the Canadian Franchise Association. He sits on both the Board and Executive of the Reena Foundation. He has also served as a contributing author for both Futurpreneur Canada and Franchise Canada magazine.
In his spare time, Ellis enjoys hockey, travelling, listening to timeless music, and making people laugh. He is a foodie and has a fond interest in Volvo cars. In case you think he’s just a boring accountant, be sure to ask Ellis about his past accomplishments as a weightlifter in the 1977 Ontario Junior Olympics!
Part of the thrill of doing what I do, day in and day out, is providing the best possible service to my clients. I take pride in knowing that I'm viewed as their trusted advisor.
- The Top 6 Accounting and Tax Questions Asked By Small Businesses, Fuller Landau blog, Aug 1, 2017
- Accounting 101: Introduction to Accounting and Auditing Services, Fuller Landau blog, Oct 10, 2016
- Ask the Expert: How do I Properly Assess a Franchise Opportunity?, Franchise Canada, July 21, 2016
- The Most Important Lesson Learned From a Mentor, Futurpreneur Canada, Jan 27, 2015
- Why Start a Business?, Fuller Landau blog, Jan 20, 2015
- Is Success Only Measured By Profits?, Futurpreneur Canada, Jan 12, 2015
- Promoting Entrepreneurship in Europe, Futurpreneur Canada, Oct 31, 2014
- Knowing what you don’t know, Futurpreneur Canada, Oct 1, 2014
- Measuring the Impact of Social/Environmental Initiatives, Futurpreneur Canada, July 24, 2014
- Nurturing an Entrepreneur: My Mentoring Experience, Futurpreneur Canada, Mar 25, 2014
- The key to a start-up is to be active, Futurpreneur Canada, Aug 27, 2013
- Three characteristics of successful entrepreneurs, Futurpreneur Canada, Sept 9, 2013
- Incentives to philanthropic activity, Futurpreneur Canada, Nov 29, 2012
- Managers and leaders, Futurpreneur Canada, April 12, 2012
- Don’t tax your accountant, Futurpreneur Canada, Feb 7, 2012
- Business Enterprise Solutions Team
- Audit & Assurance
- Food & Beverage
- Healthcare (Residential)
- Entertainment & Communications
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Real Estate & Construction
- Professional Services
Academic Achievements, Memberships and Professional Designations
- CPA Designation (Illinois) – 1992
- CGMA Designation – 2012
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Illinois CPA Society
- Board Member of Distinction, Reena Foundation – 2016 & 2011
- Silver Medalist – Weightlifting, Ontario Junior Olympics – 1977
Community Initiatives/Community Organizations
- Board Member/Executive, Reena Foundation
- Board Member, Reena
- Mentor and Blogger, Futurpreneur Canada
- Co-Chair, Fuller Landau Food & Beverage Committee
- Member, Fuller Landau International Business Committee