Ken Pearl, MBA, CPA, CA, CIRP, LIT
Direct Line: (416) 645-6519
Ken is a partner in Fuller Landau’s Restructuring & Insolvency team. Ken has over 25 years of practice as an accountant and restructuring professional, with over 17 years of experience at both big four and big eight public accounting firms. Prior to that, Ken spent several years as Vice-President of a family-owned, residential home building operation and has also served as a controller of a fast food restaurant organization.
Ken focuses on providing advice to business owners, shareholders, management, creditors, lenders, and other key stakeholders regarding financially-challenged businesses. He has extensive experience in developing informal turnaround and restructuring strategies, in addition to implementing and managing formal insolvency proceedings on behalf of consumer and corporate debtors and their creditors, as well as proposals, bankruptcies, court and private receiverships, and interim receiverships on both sides of the border.
Ken possesses deep technical skills, a focus on quality and risk management and a proven track record in leading complex engagements. In addition, he provides responsive and effective financial advisory services to his clients that include special loan groups at chartered banks, asset-based lenders in Canada and the U.S., and secondary and distressed lenders.
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- M&A/Transaction Support
- Food & Beverage
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Real Estate & Construction
- Oil & Gas
- Mining & Natural Resources
Academic Achievements, Memberships and Professional Designations
- Masters of Business Administration, Schulich School of Business
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee
- Member, Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
- Member, Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP)
- Member, Commercial Program Committee, Commercial Insolvency and Restructuring Program for CAIRP
- Member, Exam Board of National Insolvency Qualification Program
- Member, Campaign Cabinet for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) Ride for Research
- Former board member of the Ontario Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (OAIRP)