Laura Couvrette, CPA, CA
Direct Line: (416) 645-6528
Laura Couvrette is a Partner in the Audit & Assurance group at Fuller Landau. With over 17 years of experience in public accounting, and a brief tenure in the finance group at Corus Entertainment, she helps entrepreneurs and owner-managers achieve their growth plans, pay less corporate and personal tax, and increase their wealth.
Clients describe Laura as organized, results-driven, and skilled at staying calm and thinking strategically to identify solutions in high-pressure situations. She is attentive and proactive when it comes to client service, and diligent in following projects through to completion. Her clients span a range of industries including manufacturing, distribution, entertainment, communications, retail, and consumer products.
Laura is a co-chair of Fuller Landau’s Marketing Committee, and a member of the firm’s Growth Committee and Human Resources Committee. She is an active mentor to a number of managers and directors on the team, ensuring they continually grow and develop on a professional level.
Outside of the office, Laura is an avid cyclist and world traveller with a passion for distance running, having completed numerous half and full marathons. As a nature enthusiast at heart, she is a member of the Board for the Jane Goodall Institute of Canada, and was recently designated a Woman for Nature by Nature Canada.
- Natural Capitalism: A conversation with Women for Nature Laura Couvrette and Cara MacMillan, Nature Canada, July 13, 2017
- The Human Connection in Your Business, Fuller Landau blog, Dec 23, 2015
- Is Your Business a Disruptor, or Will Your Business Be Disrupted by a Competitor?, Fuller Landau blog, Aug 17, 2015
- Training for a Marathon and Running Your Business Are Similar, Fuller Landau blog, Jan 21, 2015
- Make sure your children are a tax credit to you, The Globe and Mail, April 2, 2012
- Audit & Assurance
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Entertainment & Communications
- Travel & Tourism
- Information Technology
Academic Achievements, Memberships and Professional Designations
- CPA Designation, 2002
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario
Community Initiatives/Community Organizations
- Participant, Ride to Conquer Cancer
- Member, Women’s Executive Network
- Board Member, The Jane Goodall Institute of Canada
- Member, Nature Canada – Women for Nature
- Co-Chair, Fuller Landau Marketing Committee
- Member, Fuller Landau Growth Committee
- Member, Fuller Landau Human Resources Committee