The GREAT news keeps rolling in!
Following our recent certification as one of the “Best Workplaces in Canada,” Fuller Landau has received an additional acknowledgement as one of the “Best Workplaces for Learning and Development” after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work®!
“This is another huge honour for us,” says Jill Daiter, Director of Human Resources at Fuller Landau. “The certification is based on direct feedback from our employees in an anonymous survey by Great Place to Work®. It is so rewarding to see that the ongoing investments we are making in our team have been recognized and appreciated.”
So, What Makes Fuller Landau Such a Great Workplace for Learning and Development?
“It is no secret that our biggest asset is our team,” explains Jill. “We have implemented a robust People Program to anticipate and address the training and development needs of our entire team. It isn’t a one-time thing – it’s a commitment to continuous and ongoing experiences for our people. This certification as a Best Workplace for Learning and Development reinforces that our initiatives in this area are well worth the investment.”
What specific initiatives is Jill referring to? Here’s a glimpse into some of the Learning and Development opportunities we offer our team, at Fuller Landau:
- Starting on the first day on the job, each new team member is partnered up with a mentor who will provide career guidance and support going forward
- Firm-wide team meetings are held on a quarterly basis to keep the staff engaged and informed on what’s happening at the firm, and ensure transparency on our performance, strategy, and direction
- Practice area information sessions are held throughout the year
- All managers are invited to attend an annual leadership conference and ad hoc executive leadership courses to receive training and coaching on communication skills, staff management, business development, etc.
- All courses and examinations for the Common Final Exam are paid for by the firm, along with additional paid study time. CFE writers are assigned an exam buddy who offers support during the process, in addition to mock exams marked by volunteer team members
- In-house professional development breakfast sessions are facilitated on a variety of soft skills and technical topics
- Continuous feedback and quarterly performance reviews are offered to ensure progression and career development
- An open-door policy and on-the-job experiences provide new opportunities and the ability to learn from partners and managers each and every day
Interested in joining the Fuller Landau team and taking advantage of these great opportunities for learning and development? We are always on the lookout for exceptional talent. Check out our Careers page for a list of open positions. We’d love to hear from you!
About Great Place to Work® Institute: Great Place to Work® (GPTW) is the global authority on high-trust, high-performance workplace cultures. Through proprietary assessment tools, advisory services, and certification programs, GPTW recognizes the world’s Best Workplaces in a series of national lists including those published by The Globe & Mail. Great Place to Work® provides the benchmarks, framework, and expertise needed to create, sustain, and recognize outstanding workplace cultures. Visit Great Place to Work® online at www.greatplacetowork.ca and on Twitter at @GPTW_Canada