Whether you’re a Canadian business looking to expand operations into the US or overseas, a foreign business considering expansion into Canada – or an individual, expatriate, or investor with international interests – you need the right advisors to help you leverage every opportunity and mitigate any potential obstacles.
Since 2001, Fuller Landau has been an active and engaged member of the Leading Edge Alliance (LEA), a global network of innovative accounting and consulting firms in more than 110 countries. In 2018, Fuller Landau has also become a member of The International Accounting Group (TIAG), a worldwide alliance comprised of over 115 firms in over 70 countries. By choosing to work with Fuller Landau, you gain access to this worldwide network of accounting and tax expertise and competitive intelligence in all key markets, so we can deliver the service you expect and deserve.
Fuller Landau’s International Business Services team, together with our global affiliate firms, will help you navigate through the complexities of expanding and conducting business in international markets. Our suite of services address both the inbound and outbound strategic planning and ongoing tax and business compliance requirements that are necessary to succeed in the global marketplace.
Here’s how we can help:
- Our International Services team provides newcomers to Canada with world-class accounting and tax assistance. Specifically, we advise foreign companies on inbound structuring, Canadian accounting, and tax compliance including registration, VAT and payroll, and transfer pricing planning and reporting.
- Fuller Landau’s Outsourced Business Services team provides accounting and financial administration services to foreign-owned companies investing or operating in Canada. We operate as your outsourced accounting team, providing accounting and bookkeeping services, payroll, tax compliance, and management oversight as needed.
- Our Audit and Accounting team has expertise in assurance engagements for financial statements issued under the Canadian Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Fuller Landau’s Corporate Finance/M&A team regularly advises foreign stakeholders with investment and divestiture decisions. We assist with financial, tax, and quality of earnings due diligence, as well as sell-side support. Our objective is to first understand your investment goals and capital requirements, and then we identify and contact prospective capital sponsors and provide support through each step of the process. We will prepare the appropriate information memoranda documentation, evaluate and negotiate proposals, and guide toward a successful close.
- Our Business Valuations and Forensic Accounting team provides independent valuation, forensics, and litigation support services. We also assist absentee foreign investors with forensic and investigative assignments related to their Canadian holdings.
- Fuller Landau’s Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency team advises companies in transition, as well as lenders and investors needing to manage non-performing loans or investment positions. We advise both foreign investors on the viability of their Canadian investments, and Canadian investors with investments outside of Canada.
- Our Family Office acts as an outsourced CFO for high net worth foreign investors with significant Canadian investment holdings. Our team includes multidisciplinary professionals who assess investment opportunities, monitor existing investments, manage investment bookkeeping, and provide ongoing tax planning and compliance.
Contact us today to start the conversation.