Pre-Approved Audit Training Program
Our Pre-Approved Audit Training Program is designed to build financial reporting and assurance competencies. You will work on a variety of assurance engagements, including audits and reviews, for clients in a range of industries You will learn to:
- Identify needs of various users of financial statements
- Analyze financial reporting processes used to prepare the company’s financial statements
- Analyze client’s routine and non-routine journal entries, such as equity accounting, purchase accounting, financial instruments, tax provisions, etc.
- Evaluate client’s implementation of new accounting standards
- Work on the client’s financial statements, including relevant note disclosures
- Prepare and/or interpret financial statement analysis
- Develop or modify the audit programs, including assessment of the most efficient and effective testing procedures to address the risks identified
You will also be exposed to financial analysis, including ratio analysis, industry benchmarking, trend analysis, and cash flow analysis. Lastly, you will have an opportunity to develop strong tax knowledge, both corporate and personal, through the preparation of corporate income tax returns as well as assisting our Tax group during tax season.