Independent business valuations are crucial when you need to assess the value of a business. A professional valuator’s expertise is needed in cases of marital separation, buying or selling a business, developing a succession plan, or litigating a shareholder dispute.
Our Toronto-based team of Chartered Business Valuation professionals has earned a reputation in the industry for providing objective, comprehensive, and well-reasoned valuation reports.
We provide valuations for a variety of purposes, including:
Marital separation valuations
- Business and stock options valuations
- Assessment of income for support purposes
- Tax and foreign exchange implications of cross-border support arrangements
- Tracing of funds
- Assessments of shareholder loans and contingent income taxes
Shareholder disputes and buyouts
- Sale to existing shareholders, management groups, or third parties
- Minority interest valuation
- Oppression remedy cases
Income tax, estate and succession planning
- Corporate reorganizations
- Shareholder estate planning
- Business valuations for succession planning
- Deemed dispositions on the death of a shareholder
When required, we provide expert witness testimony, critiques of opposing experts’ reports, assistance with examinations for discovery, and expert cross-examination at trial.