When you suspect fraud, theft, or some other wrongdoing within your company, decisive action is critical. You require forensic accounting experts that apply professional accounting skills and an investigative mindset to provide answers.
At Fuller Landau, our forensic accounting team has earned a reputation for being credible, thorough, and intuitive. We dedicate ourselves to obtaining a detailed understanding of your unique case, and work closely with you to identify internal control and compliance failures, and resolve your issues in a cost-effective and timely manner.
We understand the sensitivities that can be implicit in these types of assignments and believe that communication and careful planning are the keys to a successful outcome. Combined with our depth of expertise, objectivity, and the collaboration of our tax and accounting specialists at Fuller Landau, you can rest assured that your best interests will be fully protected.
Our forensic accounting services include investigations related to:
Employee Theft and Misappropriation of Funds
- Asset tracing
- Source and use of funds analysis
- Investigations of activities including potential:
- Skimming of receipts
- Cheque tampering
- Lapping and layering of funds
- False vendors/invoices, expense reimbursements
- Manipulation of cash receipts or inventory records
- Ghost employees, overtime, and commission payments
- Identify information that would assist in establishing motivation, intent, and bias
Broker Fraud and Negligence
- Fraud and misappropriation of funds
- Examination of financial statements related to allegations of mismanagement of funds
- Quantification of damages
Securities Fraud and Class Action
- Reasonableness of the entity’s forecasts and projections
- Accountants negligence
- Shareholder fraud and misappropriation of funds
- Assessment of the actual financial condition of the entity
- Operation of the business and historical profitability
Estate and Trust Matters
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Prudent investor rule cases
- Fraud and misappropriation of funds investigations
- Misappropriation of trust assets
- Business valuation
In cases where litigation support is required, we also provide expert witness testimony, critique of opposing experts’ reports, assistance with examinations for discovery, and expert cross-examination at trial.