As a partner in Fuller Landau’s corporate Restructuring and Insolvency group, David has over 25 years of experience in public practice, with specific expertise across a range of industries including food and beverage, real estate, and distribution.
David has extensive experience in underperforming company turnaround and insolvency engagements for companies of all sizes. He advises on corporate reorganizations, receivership assignments, proposals, bankruptcy matters, liquidations, and business investigations. He is also a lead partner of Fuller Landau Debt Solutions, the firm’s consumer insolvency practice, providing debt management solutions to individuals in financial crisis.
Clients describe David as personable and honest; someone who takes charge and “rolls up his sleeves” to get the job done. He is known for his results-driven approach, ensuring clients receive attentive service and effective, actionable advice.
David is a member of Fuller Landau’s Food & Beverage Committee and a mentor to several members of the team. Outside of the office, he enjoys playing hockey, spending time with his family, and watching his younger daughter play sports. David is also an active volunteer in his local community and a member of the Knights of Columbus.
Academic Achievements, Memberships and Professional Designations
- Member, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA)
- Member, Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP)
- Member, Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee Designation – 1998
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional Designation – 1997
- CPA Designation – 1993
- Honours Bachelor of Commerce, University of Toronto – 1990
Community Initiatives/Community Organizations
- Member, Italian Chamber of Commerce of Ontario
- Member, Canadian Italian Business Professional Association
- Member, Knights of Columbus
- Debt Consultants and Licensed Insolvency Trustee – What’s the Difference? Fuller Landau Debt Solutions blog, Nov 22, 2017
- How Exactly Does Toronto Credit Counselling Work? Fuller Landau Debt Solutions blog, Oct 31, 2017
- Tips from a Licensed Bankruptcy Trustee on How to Control Your Debt, Fuller Landau Debt Solutions blog, Oct 19, 2017
- You Can Still Buy a Home in Toronto After a Consumer Proposal, Fuller Landau Debt Solutions blog, Sept 20, 2017
- Can Debt Consolidation Help Residents of Hamilton and Toronto Retire Sooner? Fuller Landau Debt Solutions blog, Sept 14, 2017
- Credit Card Debt? A Licensed Insolvency Trustee Can Help, Fuller Landau Debt Solutions blog, July 17, 2017
- Are You Considering Filing for Personal Bankruptcy in Ontario? Fuller Landau Debt Solutions blog, June 15, 2017
- Managing Money in Your 20’s: 4 Tips to Ensure a Bright Financial Future, Fuller Landau Debt Solutions blog, Mar 27, 2017
- Maximizing cash flow, Bakers Journal, August/September 2012
- Ask the Experts, Partners Magazine, 2009
- Managing Your Business in a Recession
- Headline: Get your business ready for the possible downturn
Most think of corporate restructuring as a way to save a failing business. This is for a good reason: a major function of corporate restructuring is to ‘course-correct’ a struggling business. However, it’s important to note that saving a business in distress isn’t the only function of restructuring. A Restructuring Effort Can Identify and Eliminate... Read More
A corporate restructuring can be the most challenging task that a business may ever have to undertake. Restructurings are most often a means of avoiding dire straits, be it an immediate crisis or a set of potential problems looming on the horizon. In this article, we will explore why a company may require corporate restructuring,... Read More
Corporate restructuring can be a complex, sensitive, and stressful process and must be undertaken with the utmost care. It often represents a major business investment, typically conducted when a company is already in financial distress. So how can you ensure the best outcome for you and your stakeholders? In this blog post, we’ll review the... Read More